“I don’t want a low paying job. Should I take just anything because of my lack of experience? My teens get what they are offering. I am ** years old with a college degree! I am going to set some standards and figure out specifically what I want so WHEN I get an offer I won’t regret taking it.”
– Frustrated Legal Professional
Here’s my two cents for free. Use this list of eight questions to propose a salary increase over time, as you establish your value.
- What is the job description?
- What do you already know how to do?
- What do you have to learn?
- How will you learn it?
- How long will it take you?
- What will it cost?
- How will you measure your progress?
- What will the resulting profit be?
Demonstrating how accomplishing your own goals will profit an employer’s enterprise is a selling point that will get your foot in the door.